|ACADEMIC FILM CENTER - short films|
ACADEMIC FILM CENTER
Academic Film Center was founded in 1958. and as off 1976. it works within the Students' City Cultural Center. Always on the top of the Yugoslav alternative creativity, the authors of the Center have realized films and video performances, some of which have had the outstanding success, within the world alternative and avant-garde production.
The purpose of AFC
- production of the authors' films and video works, their distribution and projection
- projection of fims and video works of home and foreign authors in the Alternative Cinema
- education within film schools, film and video workshops
- alternative film and video archive
Important acknowledgements to AFC
- Retrospective, Sorbonne University Film Club, Paris, 1982.
- Films of Vladic And Gotovac, Retro. of the European avant-garde film, Modern Art Museum, New York, 1984.
- Retrospective of the Yugoslav avant-garde film, Euro-pean Media Art Festival, Osna-bruck, Germany, 1987.
- Retro-specive, UNICA, Zagreb, 1988.
- Video production, Against the Current, Amsterdam, 1989.
- Retrospective and video performances, Film Club "Stodola", Warsaw, 1991.
- 1965-1989. -Participation on the Amateur Film Festival "Little Pula" - 10 awards with the film selection.
|FILM FESTIVALS & SCREENINGS
STREET SPIRIT - Academic Film Center Retrospect, Belgrade, 2003
PEOPLE ARE STRANGE - Belgrade Documentary and Short Film Festival, 1997; LOW-FI Video Tour, Europe, 1998-1999
SCREAM - International Festival of Alternative and Experimental Videos, Nis, Yugoslavia, 1997
Man Be Angry!, SCREAM, People Are Strange, and Street Spirit - Students' City Cultural Center, Belgrade, 1996-1997
UNDERWATER - Alternative Film & Video Festival, Belgrade, 2004
ZONE - Alternative Film & Video Festival, Belgrade, 2003
Copyright © 1997-2013 EYE PRODUCTION / ZLATKO ĆOSIĆ